Saturday, October 17, 2009

Personality. . .


Ah. . . the two's. We meet each other at this road, dear T. You are the diamond in which every parent dreams. You have personality that is so untethered and pure. Sometimes, when you're still in your crib, waking up for the day, I listen intently to the beautiful sound of your chatter. "Hi Mama. Dada work. Bye. Mwah." "No, mine," is ever so popular between you and your crib companions. "Dada, I want balloon," Mmmm, Dada, popcorn. Yummmmmeee!" are just some of your declarations. And, as wonderful as those conversations are, nothing compares to your kisses, hugs, and T-isms. A few examples are: After I swaddle and present you with your baby dolls, you shower them with kisses and loves. It's a sweetness that makes me giddy anytime I witness it. When I ask you, "How do you smile for GG?" The performance queen emerges; you tip your head back, crinkle your half-moon eyes, and grin the toothiest grin you've ever seen. The latest T-ism is a demand that mama and dada are more than happy to oblige: "Hurry, Mama, Dada, hurry! Snuggle with me, pleeeeaaaase!" Oh, how I cherish these smiles, these giggles, and everything in between. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment